Why study BA (Hons) Computer Animation Art & Design at BU?
- Understand the underlying production principles and practice in computer animation, as well as concepts of creative and aesthetic design
- Undertake a variety of assessments including production-led projects, personal artistic briefs as well as live industry briefs
- Benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events
- Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Develop the skills to enter roles such as computer graphics and animation artistic directors, animators, and designers, visual effects artists, and visual effects supervisors.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.
Talk to a student on this course
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 8 week placement (or 4 years with a-30 week placement) full-time
An Art or Design subject including Art, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Art & Design
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 112-128 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent including 32 points in one required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in a required subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information check out our full entry requirements.