This cutting-edge course is delivered within the NCCA (National Centre for Computer Animation), which is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for animation in the country.
We enjoy very strong links with industry, due largely to the ubiquity of NCCA graduates in the film, game and television industries. Our graduates have worked on films such as Blade Runner 2049, The Avengers, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and Dunkirk.
- This course places an emphasis on the creative side of computer animation, combining traditional art disciplines like life drawing and cinematography with more technically focused disciplines to produce computer animation using industry-standard tools and software
- You'll have the opportunity to work with some of the UK’s leading computer animation organisations, through the NCCA and make valuable contacts before you graduate
- You'll have access to brand new specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Benefit from regular industry guest speakers from studios such as MPC, Double Negative, BlueZoo and Framestore
- Attend BU's BFX Festival, the UK's largest visual effects, computer games & animation festival featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events
- BU is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020)
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Talk to a student on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 8 week placement (or 4 years with a-30 week placement) full-time
For September 2021 entry: An Art or Design subject including Art, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Art & Design
For September 2021 entry: 112-128 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent including 32 points in one required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in a required subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information check out our full entry requirements.