Why study BA (Hons) Computer Animation Art & Design at BU?
- Understand the underlying production principles and practice in computer animation, as well as concepts of creative and aesthetic design
- Undertake a variety of assessments including production-led projects, personal artistic briefs as well as live industry briefs
- Benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events
- Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Develop the skills to enter roles such as computer graphics and animation artistic directors, animators, and designers, visual effects artists, and visual effects supervisors. You’ll be career-ready with 90% of our graduates in employment or further study after 15 months.
For September 2022 entry: We are currently developing a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. This page will be updated with more information in March 2022. Please register your interest and we will email you when the foundation year option is open for applications
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK, our expertise not only ensures our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also helps to define new industry practices.
The NCCA is ranked as the UK’s top animation school, second in Europe and third internationally (Animation Career Review, 2021).
This course is industry-recognised by ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen-based industries, and carries the ScreenSkills Select quality-mark which indicates courses best suited to prepare students for a career in the screen industries.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 8 week placement (or 4 years with a-30 week placement) full-time
An Art or Design subject including Art, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Art & Design
For September 2022 entry: 112-128 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent including 32 points in one required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in a required subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information check out our full entry requirements.