Why study BA (Hons) Computer Animation Technical Arts at BU?
- This course is accredited by ScreenSkills, joining the ranks of the top creative training and education providers the UK has to offer
- Select specialised options that reflect the versatile nature of production, including real-time engines, rendering, character rigging, data and motion capture.
- Undertake a variety of assessments including open ended briefs where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your own specialisms as well as industry live briefs
- Benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.
Chat with a student from this course
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 8 week placement (or 4 years with a-30 week placement) full-time
An Art, Design, Mathematics or Technology subject including Computing, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Maths, Photography, Physics
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 112 - 128 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent including 32 points in one required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in one required subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information check out our full entry requirements.