If you have a strong desire to work in the feature film visual effects industry or associated areas, this is the perfect course for you. You'll embrace the complete visual effects post-production pipeline and focus on the theory, principles and production of visual effects assets and shots.
- During the course you'll produce a high-quality demonstrative portfolio of work related to the knowledge and production of professional quality feature film visual effects
- Access brand new specialist facilities including a green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Mirror industry practice by working collaboratively with other National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) students on our courses in Art & Design and Technical Arts to create visual effects work
- Tailor your studies to either a more technical or artistic flavour depending on your desired career aspirations
- Benefit from regular industry guest speakers from studios such as ILM, Dreamworks, DNEG and Framestore just to name a few
- Attend BU's BFX Festival, the UK's largest visual effects, computer games & animation festival featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events.
- BU is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3nd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review 2020).
Join us on live chat now to find out more, or register to meet us at an Open Day.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2020, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 8 week placement (or 4 years with a-30 week placement) full-time
An art, design, mathematics or technology subject including Art, Computing, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Mathematics, Media Design, Photography, Physics, Product Design