Why study BA (Hons) Visual Effects at BU?
- Produce a high-quality demonstrative portfolio of work related to the knowledge and production of professional quality feature film visual effects
- Tailor your studies to either a more technical or artistic flavour depending on your desired career aspirations
- Benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Mirror industry practice by working collaboratively with other National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) students on our courses in Art & Design and Technical Arts to create visual effects work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 8 week placement (or 4 years with a-30 week placement) full-time
An art, design, mathematics or technology subject including Art, Computing, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Mathematics, Media Design, Photography, Physics, Product Design
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 112 - 128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent, including 32 points in one required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in a required subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information check out our full entry requirements.