Why study BA (Hons) Visual Effects at BU?
- Produce a high-quality demonstrative portfolio of work related to the knowledge and production of professional quality feature film visual effects
- Tailor your studies to either a more technical or artistic flavour depending on your desired career aspirations and benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Mirror industry practice by working collaboratively with other National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) students on our courses in Art & Design and Technical Arts to create visual effects work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events
- Graduate career-ready with 90% of our graduates in employment within 15 months of graduation.
For September 2022 entry: We are currently developing a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. This page will be updated with more information in March 2022. Please register your interest and we will email you when the foundation year option is open for applications
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK, our expertise not only ensures our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also helps to define new industry practices.
The NCCA is ranked as the UK’s top animation school, second in Europe and third internationally (Animation Career Review, 2021).
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 8 week placement (or 4 years with a-30 week placement) full-time
An art, design, mathematics or technology subject including Art, Computing, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Mathematics, Media Design, Photography, Physics, Product Design
For September 2022 entry: 112 - 128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent, including 32 points in one required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in a required subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information check out our full entry requirements.