Why study BSc (Hons) Psychology at BU?
- Participate in practicals, interactive assessments, coursework, placements and research using state-of-the-art facilities
- Learn through mentorship from staff as well as plenty of seminars by nationally and internationally renowned researchers and practitioners
- Work with world-leading researchers on projects through the Research Apprenticeship Scheme - many of our students have published work with members of the Psychology Department
- Benefit from our collaborations with the mental health sector, the criminal justice system, the educational system, industrial partners and local communities/charitable trusts
- Develop transferable skills including critical thinking, project management, presentation skills and professional practice - 85% of our graduates are in employment or further education after 15 months
- The diversity of the topics will prepare you for any career, whether in psychology (such as in mental health or forensic) or outside (such as HR, the police or management).
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for Psychology, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society, so when you graduate with at least a Second Class Honours, you are eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartership, the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 4-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement or 5 years with a 30-week minimum placement.
British Psychological Society
All subjects considered
For September 2023 entry: 112-128 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.