Why study MDes (Hons) Product Design at BU?
- Learn how to manufacture physical models and prototypes, as well as produce industry-standard computer models
- You'll follow the same programme as the BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) Product Design until your final year
- Use state-of-the-art facilities including a specialist CAD laboratory and our Innovation Centre
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30 weeks experience in a relevant industry
- Design your own original product and make a working prototype in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering
- Graduate with a range of skills allowing you to go into a range of careers in the industry from a designer through to production manager. Within 15 months of completing their course, 90% of our graduates were in employment or further study.
Studying Product Design at BU
Design & Engineering facilities tour
This course is currently seeking re-accreditation by the Institution of Engineering Designers in order to fully meet the requirements for Chartered Technological Product Designer (CTPD) registration for intakes between 2024-2028. Once accredited courses are fully supported by the Institution, and IED student membership is free to full-time students for the duration of their studies.
Take a glimpse at life on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 4 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 5 year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
Seeking re-accreditation from the Institution of Engineering Designers
All subjects considered