Why study MDes (Hons) Product Design at BU?
- Learn how to manufacture physical models and prototypes, as well as produce industry-standard computer models
- You'll follow the same programme as the BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) Product Design until your final year
- Use state-of-the-art facilities including a specialist CAD laboratory and our Innovation Centre
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30 weeks experience in a relevant industry
- Design your own original product and make a working prototype in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering
- Graduate with a range of skills allowing you to go into a range of careers in the industry from a designer through to production manager. Within 15 months of completing their course, 85% of our graduates were in employment or further study.
Studying Product Design at BU
Design & Engineering facilities tour
This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers in order to fully meet the requirements for Chartered Technological Product Designer (CTPD) registration. This means the course is fully supported by the Institution, and IED student membership is free to full-time students for the duration of their studies.
Take a glimpse at life on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 4 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 5 year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
Institution of Engineering Designers
All subjects considered