Why study MSc Adult Nursing at BU?
- The NMC permit prior learning, in any subject, to be recognised where it meets course outcomes and requirements - applicants will need to demonstrate this in an entry portfolio.
- Blending theory with real-world experience, this course helps you develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to register and practice as a registered adult nurse.
- You will complete dedicated study at Master’s level to achieve a postgraduate qualification, with a focus on research skills and leadership.
- 50% of the course is spent in practice placements to gain practical nursing experience in diverse locations like hospitals, community homes, private clinics and community nursing teams.
- Newly built skills facilities include simulated hospital wards and community home settings, allowing you to learn and practice various nursing procedures safely.
- Our annual Careers Fair has numerous healthcare exhibitors in attendance, helping you to gain employment as a registered nurse on completion of the course.
Not sure which nursing course is for you? Read our guide to nursing courses at BU.
Funding support: Nursing students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding. Students enrolling on this course may also be eligible to apply for loans from the Student Loans Company. These cover tuition fees of up to £9,250 per year and support living costs. These loans are the same as those available to undergraduate students.
Accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), this course will prepare you to be eligible to register and practice as a registered (adult) nurse and to graduate with an MSc Adult Nursing award.
Explore our facilities and see more of the course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
2 years full-time, including mandatory placements
Nursing & Midwifery Council
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 or equivalent in any subject.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in all other components. The NMC also accept the Occupational English Test (OET).
For more information check out our full entry requirements.