If you have an urgent medical problem, that isn’t life-threatening, and you’re not sure what to do –NHS 111 can help you figure out your next steps.
To get help from NHS 111, you can:
NHS 111 will ask you questions about your symptoms or concerns and help direct you to the most appropriate service for your problem. This could include:
- Finding out what local service can help you
- Getting connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
- Getting a face-to-face appointment if you need one
- Being told how to get any medicine you need
- Getting self-care advice.
You can also download the free WaitLess mobile app to help you make an informed decision about the best place to go for urgent treatment. It provides current waiting times, opening hours and directions to all urgent care centres in Dorset.