On campus support
If you’re looking for some advice or support on personal issues, whether big or small, BU is here to help. We have several support services on campus which are available to all BU students, including:
- Our Achieve@BU team offers one-to-one support for personal issues
- The Student Wellbeing team can help if you're experiencing stress, anxiety or low mood - it's confidential, completely free and open to all BU students
- Visit Faith & Reflection - our multi-faith chaplaincy on campus, providing spiritual support and care for students of all backgrounds, whether you have faith or not
- The University Retreat provides a safe space if you feel that you are struggling to cope and need help. You don't need an appointment; just pop in and talk to one of our friendly team, it's open from Monday to Saturday, 2pm - 9pm.
You can also check the links on the right hand side of this page for specific issues or try our online FAQs for further information.
Urgent wellbeing contacts
- Student Assistance Programme: speak to an adviser or counsellor round the clock for mental health guidance and support. Freephone: 0800 028 3766
- Call Connection on 0800 652 0190 - 24/7 mental health helpline
- For mental health support via text message, text 'STUDENT' to 85258
- Visit The Retreat - open for face-to-face and virtual drop-ins from 4.30pm - 11.30pm every day
- If you need immediate medical help or attention call 999 or 01202 962222 if you're on campus.
We've put together a comprehensive list of local and national resources below, which you may find useful for any health or wellbeing issues that you experience while at BU. Please remember you are not alone, if you are feeling vulnerable the best action is to seek support and get help from either a professional or someone you trust.