Our team of chaplains and faith advisors offer confidential and non-judgemental support, guidance, prayer and a listening ear, regardless of whether you have faith or not.
Your time at BU will be unique to you, but some of the ways that we help students include:
- when they need to make a complex or difficult decision
- at a time of bereavement
- when they are feeling isolated
- when they are looking to explore spirituality
- when they need specific advice or support about a specific faith tradition.
What's more, we're part of the BU student support services network, so we can connect you with other teams and specialist support if needed.
Spaces for everyone
Our Faith & Reflection Centre is located on the first floor of Talbot House on Talbot Campus. It's open Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm. We also provide a dedicated space in our Bournemouth Gateway Building (room 401) for our community to contemplate and pray.
Depending on what you're looking for, our Faith & Reflection Centre is home to a range of spaces including:
- A communal area (or, as we like to think of it, 'a pocket of peace')
- A quiet room – designed to be used by our community for private meditation, prayer, or simply a quiet space to just be
- A meeting room which can be booked via our chaplaincy team
- An Islamic prayer room, a Kosher kitchen and an open kitchen – both with a good supply of biscuits!
Join activities and events in the Faith & Reflection Centre:
|Every Monday, 12 noon – 3pm||Soup-er Mondays
Offering free vegan soup and soul care
|Every Wednesday, 5pm – 6:30pm||International Student Global Café (gif - 120kb)
A space for international students to meet others and enjoy games and quizzes, with free drinks and cookies
|Last Wednesday of the month, 7:30pm – 9pm||Buddhist chant & chat|
|Every Friday, 12:30 – 1:30pm||
Cake & chat with Sister Tama
If you're an international student:
We run a programme of activities specifically for our international students. Get in touch with Sue Burt, our Associate Chaplain, for more details.