Key information

In case of emergency

If you find yourself in an emergency situation on campus, please call 01202 962222 from a mobile or 222 from a landline.

General security

For general security enquiries (non-urgent) on campus call 01202 956001 (24/7 365 days a year) or email [email protected].

Hate crimes are those which are targeted at people because of hostility or prejudice towards their disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or gender identity.

Such offences can include verbal abuse, physical assault, domestic abuse, harassment and damage to property.  

We do not tolerate any form of hate crime at BU – please read our Hate Crime Policy and take a look at our Hate Crime Reporting Flow Chart for more information. The university takes a zero-tolerance approach to any form of abuse and will take action against any student or staff member who is deemed to have breached the Student Disciplinary Procedures or Staff Dignity & Respect (Harassment) Policy and Procedure.

How to report an incident

All students, staff and visitors to our campus can report an incident in any of the following ways:

  • Use our online form to report an incident,you can choose to do this anonymously. Your report will be sent confidentially to dedicated staff within BU 
  • ​If there is an emergency on campus call 01202 962222.  For off campus emergencies call999 
  • If you're deaf/hard of hearing or speech impaired you can use the emergency SMS/Text: 80999 or non-emergency SMS/Text: 67101 for off campus incidents, Please note: you'll need to register your mobile phone first to use this service.
  • Via our Bournemouth Campus Police 
  • Report to Dorset Police via the Dorset Police online reporting form or by calling 101 from any phone, including a mobile. 

Find more information about Equality and Diversity at BU

Support on campus

You can contact any of our teams below for further support:

External support

If you want to go elsewhere for support you can always contact the below organisations: