Council tax exemption

While you are enrolled as a full-time student, you will be exempt from paying Council Tax. 

If you are sent a reminder from the council and need to provide evidence that you are a student, you can print your free Council Tax Exemption Certificate from myHub by selecting the certificate under 'My Documents'. You should always check your eligibility for exemption, and how to advise of your exemption, on the website for the Council your property is located in.

If your certificate does not display in myHub, or if you have interrupted or suspended your studies, contact AskBU to create a certificate for you - please remember to provide your student reference number and your full name to help the team deal with your enquiry as quickly as possible. 

Finishing your studies?

Keep in mind that you are only exempt until the end date of your current academic year.

Replacement documents

Replacement documents

Lost or never received a document? Request a replacement for one of the official documents issued by BU.

Letter requests

Letter requests

Use our forms to get confirmation of your status as a BU student and if you need to open a UK bank account.

A busy courtyard on our Talbot Campus

Help and advice

If you need advice and support our Student Services teams are here to help.