Your student ID card contains key information about you and allows you access to a number of systems around BU, including; printers, self-service machines in the libraries, cycle facilities, or access to specific buildings on campus. You'll also need to use this as identification during your exams.

If you lose your ID card:

  • If you have lost your card there is a £10 fee to replace it:
    1. Before making your payment, check you have not mislaid your card, or whether it has been handed into AskBU
    2. If your card has not been handed in, complete the ID Card Replacement Form and pay the fee, if required
  • Please note, we will not be able to print your new card until your payment has been received by BU. We will contact you when your card is ready*

If your ID card has been stolen: 

  • If your ID card has been stolen or damaged you can get it replaced for free

If your card has been stolen please report it to the Police. You will need to provide your Crime Reference Number when you complete the ID Card Replacement Form to replace the card. Subject to verification, we won't charge you for the replacement.

If your ID card is damaged or your enrolment dates have changed:

If your photo or details are unreadable, or if there has been a change to your enrolment dates, we can issue a new one for free. Please complete the ID Card Replacement Form

Please note: 
*Students requesting a replacement ID card will normally be expected to collect the card in-person. If there is an exceptional and valid reason why you are unable to collect the card in-person, arrangements can be made for the card to be posted.

**If your previous ID card gave you access to car and/or bicycle parking, or a specific BU building etc., you will need to visit BU reception to update this information on your new ID card.

Important information about exams

To sit your exams you will need your BU student ID card - if you do not have your ID card you should request a replacement (as above) before attending your exams. If you are not able to obtain a replacement ID card then you can use a photo ID, i.e. passport or driving licence. For further information please check the Student Examination Procedures Handbook.