Your student ID card contains key information about you and allows you access to a number of systems around BU, including; printers, self-service machines in the libraries, cycle facilities, or access to specific buildings on campus. You'll also need to use this as identification during your exams.
If you fall into one of the following categories you will be issued with a paper style ID card that is valid for only a single academic year of study:
- You are studying at a Partner College which is not participating in the ID card scheme
- You are on a Distance Learning programme
- You are on a Post Registration Nursing programme.
If you lose your ID card:
- If your ID card has been damaged** or stolen* you can get it replaced for free
- If you have lost your card there is a £10 fee (£5 fee for paper cards) to replace it:
- Please note, we will not be able to print your new card until your fee has been received by BU. We will contact you when your card is ready for collection or to be posted.
If your ID card has been stolen:
*If you believe it's been stolen please report it to the Police. You will need to provide your Crime Reference Number when you complete the Replacement Student ID Card Form to replace the card. Subject to verification, we won't charge you for the replacement.
If your ID card is damaged or your enrolment dates have changed:
**If your photo or details are unreadable, or if there has been a change to your enrolment dates, we can issue a new one for free. Please complete an Replacement Student ID Card Form for the replacement card and contact the Library or AskBU for further details.
Please note: We can only send your ID card to the contact details on your student record. If you would like us to send information to a different address or email, please ensure you update your student record. If your previous ID card gave you access to car and/or bicycle parking, or a specific BU building etc., you will need to ask BU reception to update this information on your new ID card.