The Poole House OAC on Talbot Campus (PG22 - ground floor) is a large computer lab with Windows PCs which is available for all BU students to use, open 7 days a week, all year round. You will need your student ID card to access the OAC outside of usual working hours of 9am - 5pm.
The facilities have been arranged to support the safe use of the computers and printers with physical distancing measures in place, so capacity is limited at this time.
Each machine has the core BU applications, including Microsoft Office, the Adobe CC suite and SPSS, and can be used with either staff or student credentials. You can also use the AppsAnywhere portal on all BU Windows computers, giving you access to software relevant to your course. There are also colour and black and white printers with scanners available at both locations - find out about printing your work.
Alternative PCs and study spaces
- Lansdowne Campus - PCs in the Bournemouth Gateway Building (BG - G16) are bookable via MyPC out of teaching hours (7pm-8am, Monday - Friday, and all day Saturday and Sunday)
- Talbot Campus - the PCs and Technobooths at The Sir Michael Cobham Library are are bookable via MyPC
- Technobooths in the Student Centre
- Computer labs – some with specific software/hardware for your course. Speak to your course leader about these facilities.
- Laptop Loans and other study spaces are also available.