Service unavailable until further notice. Please check Library services - January 2021 onwards for further information.
To apply for reference or borrower membership, please come to the Library Help Zone in either The Sir Michael Cobham Library on Talbot Campus or Weston Library in Bournemouth Gateway Bulding on Lansdowne Campus.
Please check our staffed opening hours, and note that during evenings and weekends the Libraries are open for self-service only, with no Help Zone service.
You will need to bring the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for us to fix to your new library card
- Two forms of ID, one of which should have proof of your local address (e.g. driving licence or bank statement)
- Proof of university enrolment if you are applying for vacation membership
- College ID card if you are on a BU validated course at a local college or a student at one of BU's formally recognised pathway partner colleges: BBSI, Kings and MLS
- If applying through the SCONUL Access scheme, please bring a printed copy of your authorisation email (or an "old-style" SCONUL Access card as long as it has not reached its expiry date). Also bring your ID card from your home institution and a passport-sized photo. Proof of local address is not required.
We will issue you with a BU Library ID card. Please carry this with you whenever you visit the library.
Please note that under 16’s are only allowed to use the library if they are on an organised visit with their school or if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please see Membership types for more details.