The Library Service, Musgrove Park Hospital serves Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust and Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. Check the Library internet webpage for information about:
- Opening Hours
- Contact Details
- Services and Facilities
Borrowing - Hospital library
As a current Bournemouth University HSS student, you may borrow up to eight books for four weeks from the Library Service, Musgrove Park Hospital. You may renew each book twice; this can be done in person, by telephone or email, provided the book has not been reserved by someone else. If you do not return your books you will be charged replacement costs plus an administrative charge of £10 per item.
Please do not pass on books to someone else without informing the library as you will be held responsible until the books are returned to the library.
Library IT facilities
Access to PCs at Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust and Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is via a trust username and password, obtainable by registering with the hospital's IT department. A registration form is available on the Trust intranet and you will need your mentor or supervisor. Eduroam and free Wifi is available on site and there are a total of 31 PCs available at two library sites, all providing MS Office and internet access as well as an additional space for study.
There is a charge of 10p per page for all photocopying and printing.
You are entitled to full support and assistance during your placement, which will be fully explained at your library induction. If the library has not been included in your induction timetable please visit us as staff will be happy to help.
The library catalogue (SWIMS) and all NHS e-resources are available via the Library internet webpage
At the Library Service, Musgrove Park Hospital we welcome constructive comments from our users. This is possible through using our library comments/suggestions forms, available from the library.
Returning Bournemouth University Library books via Musgrove Park Hospital Library
If you are on placement at the Hospital and cannot get to a Bournemouth University Library to return your books, you can return them via the Library Service, Musgrove Park Hospital. Please note: the Library cannot obtain books from the University for you..
All you have to do is:
- Take your books to the Library at Musgrove Park Academy. Complete a form indicating when the books were returned. Library staff will date stamp the form and return it with the books to the University. Please keep a record of the barcodes of the books you have returned.
- Telephone Bournemouth House Library on (01202) 967352, giving your ID number and the barcodes of the books being returned.
- Fines will not be charged if the date of your phone call and the date on the form from the Hospital Library are the same
- Fines will be charged on books already overdue when handed in at the Hospital library
- You need to check the return date on the books issued, and ensure that they are returned or renewed by that date
- You are responsible for your books until discharged by Bournemouth University.
Book returns to Bournemouth University Library are subject to NHS courier networks and are not available from all NHS locations.
There are a number of other resources that may be available to you as you are studying on your placement year, with information available through our Other resources for students on placement in the NHS page.