If you run into problems with the wireless service there could be a variety of causes. See below for some troubleshooting steps or information:
- Staff/Student - Check that the location you are in has good wireless coverage. Are other people using wireless?
- Check you have followed the connection instructions properly
- Check the frequently asked questions – the solution to your problem may already be listed
- If you are unable to resolve your issue, please gather as much information you can about your problem and then contact the BU IT Service Desk.
When contacting the Service Desk please include at least:
- Your BU username
- Which version of Windows/Mac OS/Linux/iPhone/etc you are using (e.g. Windows 7)
- Your device's wireless MAC address (Windows, Mac and Linux users) - check our FAQ if you're not sure where to find your device’s wireless MAC address.
It is also very helpful if you can include:
- Any error text/error numbers displayed on your device
- The exact time you had the problem
- Your exact location on campus at the time of the problem.
For issues with The Cloud, read the Visitor Wi-Fi Guide.
Eduroam – If you are a visiting Eduroam user, please contact your IT Support for assistance in setting up eduroam on your device. You may contact BU IT Service Desk to ensure the wireless network is available.