Please note: This Advanced Standing course is full for September 2021 entry and we are not accepting applications at present. However, during the Clearing period from 1 July 2021 this position may change so please contact our Clearing line which will be advertised during this time. You can register your interest for Clearing 2021 here.
Why study BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing (Advanced Standing) at BU?
- Successful completion of this 2-year course will lead to a qualification in BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing
- Acceptance onto the course depends on factors such as the initial field of registration, holding a nursing degree qualification and the date of the applicant’s original registration
- One in four people will struggle with mental health issues at some point during their life. It is a rapidly expanding area of nursing that needs caring, compassionate and competent professionals
- This course will teach you how to deliver high-quality nursing care, to enable, educate, and encourage those experiencing mental health problems to progress towards recovery
- Practical experience takes a central role in the course, with 50% of the course spent in practice placements to gain nursing experience in a variety of healthcare environments
- Newly built skills facilities include simulated hospital wards and community home settings, allowing you to learn and practice.
Not sure which nursing course is for you? Read our guide to nursing courses at BU.
Accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), this course will prepare you to be eligible to register and practice as a mental health nurse and to graduate with a BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing degree.
Explore our facilities and see more of the course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
2 years including mandatory full-time placements
Nursing & Midwifery Council
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 2:2 in a Nursing Degree. Applicants need to be a qualified nurse in the UK and have worked as a nurse for at least one year before the start of the course in their initial field of registration. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you will need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in all other components. For more information check out our international entry requirements.