There’s a lot to think about when you’re getting ready to start university. That’s why we try to make the process of choosing and booking accommodation as easy as possible.
In addition to the general support provided by our Residential Services team, we do this in two particular ways:
- Our Accommodation Guarantee
- Self-selection – a process designed to give you more choice about where you live
The Accommodation Guarantee
Congratulations to all new students joining BU this September. Although the deadline for our Accommodation Guarantee has now passed, we still have accommodation options available which you can view through the Accommodation Portal.
For September 2019:
- Undergraduate students who have selected BU as their firm choice and have submitted their UCAS application by midnight on 30 June 2019, or by midnight on 4 July 2019 for UCAS Extra applications, will be guaranteed accommodation for a period of 40 - 42 weeks during their first year of study, commencing on 21 September 2019*. You should have booked and made payment for your room by 7pm on Thursday 15 August 2019 to secure your BU Accommodation Guarantee.
- Undergraduate students who have selected BU as their Insurance choice, who are not covered in our Accommodation Guarantee, will still be eligible to book any remaining rooms from Thursday 15 August 2019.
- Undergraduate students applying through Clearing, who have selected BU as their Clearing choice by 8am on Saturday 17 August 2019, and booked their choice of room by 12pm (midday) on Sunday 18 August 2019, will be guaranteed accommodation for a period of 40-42 weeks during the first year of study, commencing on 21 September 2019*.
- Postgraduate students who hold an Unconditional Offer and have either reserved or booked their choice of accommodation by 8am Thursday 15 August 2019 will be guaranteed accommodation for a 50-week duration commencing on 21 September 2019*. Any reservations must be confirmed by 5pm on Friday 16 August 2019.
For January 2020:
All students who hold an Unconditional Offer of study and have booked their accommodation by 9am on Monday 16 December 2019 will be guaranteed accommodation for a 50-week duration commencing on 19 January 2020*.
When you come to choose and secure your accommodation, you’ll do so via two simple stages in our online Accommodation Portal.
The self-selection system we use is geared around giving you more choice and control of where you will be living. In contrast to other universities, we won’t just allocate you a room in a hall of our choosing; instead, you have the opportunity to view all the options available when you're eligible to book. Simply go online, review what's available, select your room, check all the information and, when you're ready, go on and complete the booking. Simple.