Booking your accommodation is easy using our online Accommodation Portal. We’ve outlined the two stage process you’ll need to complete to secure your BU accommodation, but you can also read our booking FAQs if you get stuck for any reason.
The booking process:
Stage 1 - Registering your BU accommodation guarantee
Within 24 hours of accepting your offer to study at BU, you'll be able to register for your BU accommodation guarantee. You need to complete your registration to be able to go on to Stage 2, when you can then choose and book your BU accommodation*.
For September 2019 entry: If you hold an offer with us, you can register for your BU accommodation guarantee through the Accommodation Portal*. This then confirms your place in the BU community for September 2019.
For January 2020 entry: If you hold an offer with us, you can register your for your BU accommodation guarantee through the Accommodation Portal from the middle of November 2019*.
Stage 2 - Choose and book your accommodation
Conditional offer holders*: Once you have completed Stage 1 (registered for your BU accommodation guarantee), you can then go on and start Stage 2, after 10am on Tuesday 2 July, where you choose and reserve a room in BU accommodation. This holds your accommodation for September entry. Once your status changes to Unconditional Firm (UF) you can then make the required financial payment to confirm your accommodation.
Unconditional offer holders*: After you have completed Stage 1 (registered for your BU accommodation guarantee), you can then go on and complete Stage 2 where you choose, reserve and make the required payment to confirm your accommodation for September entry.
For January 2020 entry*: Once you hold an Unconditional Offer (UF), you'll be able to choose and book your room from mid-November 2019. We will be in contact neaer the time with further details.
How to complete Stage 1 & 2
To access the Accommodation Portal: You will need your BU Student log in, which comprises a username and password. Don't have it? Don't worry:
- Your username along with your password was sent to you by email when you first applied to BU (please check your email records)
- If you have lost this email then you can search your email folders for an email from BU Account Notification or with the subject title Your BU Student Account (remember to check your Junk and Deleted items)
- Once you have located this email, you can retrieve your username and password (you can even reset your password from a link in this email if you wish). You can then log in to the Accommodation Portal.
If you cannot locate your email then you should contact our AskBU team on +44 (0)1202 969696, Monday-Friday, 08:30 to 17:00 (16:30 on Friday)
To complete Stage 1 and/or Stage 2: Once you are logged in to the Accommodation Portal, select 'Registration and Booking' on the top navigation. You can then follow the steps to complete Stage 1 (registering for your guarantee) and/or Stage 2 (choosing, reserving and booking your room)*.
Making the required financial payment to confirm your booking:
- If the room is booked directly with BU (Student Village, Unilet, Dorchester House and Home Park) we will request payment of the deposit.
- If you select any of our other accommodation options your booking will be handled by one of the Halls of Residence teams, who will be in contact with you within five working days to request payment to confirm the booking.
Our Accommodation Price Guide (pdf 154kb) details the required payments to confirm your booking.
Self-selection: giving you more control
Unlike most universities, we don’t choose and allocate your room for you. Our self-selection system means you choose from what’s available, just like booking a seat in a theatre or for a show.