Booking your accommodation is easy using our online Accommodation Portal. We’ve outlined the two stage process you’ll need to complete to secure your BU accommodation, but you can also read our booking FAQs if you get stuck for any reason.
The two stages of booking:
Stage 1: Register for your accommodation guarantee
Once you’ve accepted your offer to study at BU you'll be able to register for your accommodation guarantee*. You need to complete your registration to be able to go on to stage 2, when you can choose and book your BU accommodation.
For January 2019 entry: If you hold an Offer with us, you can register your guarantee for BU accommodation from 14 November 2018.
For September 2019 entry: If you hold an Offer with us, you can register your guarantee for BU accommodation from 24 September 2018.
There are three things to do:
- Visit the accommodation portal, enter your student ID number, and select ‘Forgot password’ on your first visit
- You’ll receive an email from the portal – follow the instructions to create a new password
- Once you're logged in, confirm your personal details and answer a few additional questions.
That's it and you can then wait to hear from us for your next steps. Take the time to explore our options for September starters and January starters and visit us at an Open Day to take a look for yourself.
Stage 2: Choose and book your accommodation
You will have registered for your accommodation guarantee (stage 1) and then have an Unconditional Firm (UF) status to be able to go on and complete stage 2 when you choose and book your BU accommodation.
For January 2019 entry: You'll be able to choose and book from the 14 November 2018.
For September 2019 entry: You'll be able to choose and book from March 2019.
At this stage, you just need to:
- Log in to the accommodation portal using the same login details you created to guarantee your accommodation
- Complete your personal profile, search for and then select your room
- Make the required payment to secure your room (see below)
If you apply after 30 June 2019, you may not be eligible for our accommodation guarantee. We will update this page and contact you with specific information about your accommodation options nearer the time.
To secure your booking you are required to pay some monies shortly after you have chosen your room. This will include a booking fee and, depending on where your booking is located, could also include a deposit and/or an advanced payment of rent. Please make sure you have sufficient funds available in advance. See our accommodation price guide (pdf 115kb) and visit our payment information page for details (note, all rents are correct for 2018/19. Rents for 2019/20 will be updated in March 2019).
Don’t forget we guarantee accommodation for:
- All new undergraduate students who submit their UCAS application by midnight on 30 June (UK, EU and non-EU international students), or by midnight on 4 July for UCAS Extra applications (UK/EU students), make BU their firm choice and meet all other terms of the accommodation guarantee.
- All new postgraduate students who complete their booking for accommodation by 9am on 17 December (January intake) or 8am on 15 August (September intake) and meet all other terms of the accommodation guarantee.