The following information is here for your reference. Below you will find examples of the contractual information, along with the cancellation policies, for booking a room in one of the accommodation sites that forms part of the BU portfolio.
If you are unsure which ones will apply to you, please contact us.
- Student Licence (including Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy) (Unilet, Dorchester House, St John's and Student Village) (pdf 2mb)
- Student Licence (including Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy) (LettingsBU Fully-Managed) (pdf 1.77mb)
- Rules & Information (Unilet, Dorchester House, St John’s, Student Village and LettingsBU Fully-Managed) (pdf 252kb)
BU partner-managed accommodation
- Unite Students – Booking T&Cs (Purbeck House)
- CLV – Student AST (256MB) and Village Rules (pdf 275kb) (Lyme Regis House, Chesil House, Cranborne House and Okeford House)
- Student Roost – Student AST (pdf 4.53MB) (Corfe House)
- The Student Housing Co. – Booking T&Cs (Bailey Point)
The above information are examples of our partner provider's terms and conditions of booking. If you do book with one of these providers, please ensure you read the actual documents and information you are sent by the provider as it could be subject to change to the information posted here.
Cancellation and Flexible Tenancies
We have outlined the main cancellation terms for each of the accommodation providers listed above, including BU. Please review our Contract flexibility and cancellation webpage for full details.
Codes of good practice and management
BU have signed Dorchester House and the Student Village up to the Universities UK (UUK) Accommodation Code of Practice, which means we will do our best to ensure the accommodation we provide meets high standards of good practice, service, health and safety, as well as being fit for purpose.
Bailey Point, Purbeck House, Corfe House, Cranborne House, Lyme Regis House, Okeford House and Chesil House have signed up to the Accreditation Network UK code of practice – the Assured Accommodation National Code, which means they will do their best to ensure the accommodation meets high standards of good practice, service, health and safety, as well as being fit for purpose.
Unilet, St Johns and LettingsBU Fully-Managed properties are covered by Housing law requirements. For further information on what is required please read the BCP (Bournemouth Christchurch Poole) Council's website on Houses in Multiple Occupation.