The following information is here for your reference. Below you will find the relevant legal documents including the respective companies’ Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) agreements together with codes of conduct that will be applicable to you if you live in one of the accommodation types that forms part of the BU portfolio.
If you are unsure which ones will apply to you, please contact us.
- Student Licence (including Terms & Conditions) (Unilet, Home Park, Dorchester House, St John's and Student Village) (pdf 2mb)
- Student Licence (including Terms & Conditions) (LettingsBU Fully-Managed) (pdf 1.77mb)
- Rules & Information (Unilet, Dorchester House, St John’s, Student Village and LettingsBU Fully-Managed) (pdf 197kb)
BU partner-managed accommodation
- Unite Students – 2019/20 Student AST (Purbeck House)
- CLV – 2019/20 Student AST (including Terms & Conditions of residence) (340kb) and Village Rules (pdf 275kb) (Lyme Regis House, Chesil House, Cranborne House and Okeford House)
- Kaplan Residences – 2019/20 Student AST (including Terms & Conditions) (pdf 327kb) (Lansdowne Point).
- Student Roost – 2019/20 Student AST (pdf 127kb) (Corfe House)
- The Student Housing Co. – 2019/20 documents coming soon (Bailey Point)
Codes of good practice and management
BU have signed Dorchester House and the Student Village up to the Universities UK (UUK) Accommodation Code of Practice, which means we will do our best to ensure the accommodation we provide meets high standards of good practice, service, health and safety, as well as being fit for purpose.
Bailey Point, Purbeck House, Corfe House, Lansdowne Point, Cranborne House, Lyme Regis House, Okeford House, Chesil House and Home Park have signed up to the Accreditation Network UK code of practice – the Assured Accommodation National Code, which means they will do their best to ensure the accommodation meets high standards of good practice, service, health and safety, as well as being fit for purpose.
The Unilet, St Johns and LettingsBU Fully-Managed properties are covered by Housing law requirements. For further information on what is required please read the BCP (Bournemouth Christchurch Poole) Council's website on Houses in Multiple Occupation.