The following information is here for your reference. Below you will find examples of the contractual information, along with the cancellation policies, for booking a room in one of the accommodation sites that forms part of the BU portfolio.
If you are unsure which ones will apply to you, please contact us.
- Unilet, Dorchester House, St Johns and Student Village Student Licence (including Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy) (pdf 2mb)
- LettingsBU Fully-Managed properties Student Licence (including Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy) (pdf 1.77mb)
- Student Licence Rules & Useful Information (pdf 237kb) (All BU-managed accommodation)
BU partner-managed accommodation
- Purbeck House (Unite Students) – Booking T&Cs
- Lyme Regis House, Chesil House, Cranborne House and Okeford House (Campus Living Villages) – Student AST (256MB) and Village Rules (pdf 275kb)
- Corfe House (Student Roost) – Student AST (pdf 255kb)
- Bailey Point (Yugo) – Booking T&Cs
If you book accommodation with one of our partner providers your contract and liabilities will be direct them. Please ensure you read the actual documents and information you are sent by the provider as it could be subject to change to the information posted here.
Cancellation and Flexible Tenancies
We have outlined the main cancellation terms for each of the accommodation providers listed above, including BU. Please review our Contract flexibility and cancellation webpage for full details.
Codes of good practice and management
BU have signed Dorchester House and the Student Village up to the Universities UK's (UUK) code of practice, The Accommodation Code, which means we will do our best to ensure the accommodation we provide meets high standards of good practice, service, health and safety, as well as being fit for purpose.
Bailey Point, Purbeck House, Corfe House, Cranborne House, Lyme Regis House, Okeford House and Chesil House are signed up to the Accreditation Network UK (ANUK) code of practice, The National Code, which means they will do their best to ensure the accommodation meets high standards of good practice, service, health and safety, as well as being fit for purpose.
Unilet, St Johns and LettingsBU Fully-Managed properties are covered by Housing law requirements. For further information on what is required please read the BCP (Bournemouth Christchurch Poole) Council's website on Houses in Multiple Occupation.