We're still here for you over the summer break, which runs from 25 June - 18 September 2022*. Most of our core BU teams are available by phone and email, please see below for contact details and opening hours.
*Please note that all services will be closed for the August bank holiday on Monday 29 August, unless stated.
Achieve @ BU Team
Additional Learning Services (ALS) team will be available throughout the summer from Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm. You can contact them via email [email protected] or call on 01202 965663 (Talbot) and 01202 961581 (Lansdowne).
The AskBU team will be available throughout the summer from Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm (4.30pm Fridays). Please note that our face-to-face service closes at 3pm. You can contact us via email [email protected] or call 01202 969696.
The Unibus service will be running on the reduced summer vacation timetable over the break. Check out the new Unibus app, which has replaced clickit2ride, for live timetable information as well as quick and easy payment and ticketing options.
Careers & Employability
The Careers & Employability team will be contactable over the summer break from Monday to Friday, 9am - 4.30pm. You can book an appointment to speak with a careers adviser via phone, MS Teams, Skype or face-to-face in the Careers Centre.
Book onto the Work It! Summer Bitesize careers webinars over the summer. You can also use the online careers service MyCareerHub to search for careers resources, graduate jobs and placements.
Faith & Reflection
The weekly Global Cafe for international students will continue to run until the end of July, each Wednesday, 5pm - 6.30pm, in the Faith & Reflection Centre. The centre will also be open for self-directed use throughout August, from Monday to Friday, 8am - 8pm.
IT support and Open Access Centre
The Open Access Centre in Poole House will be closed from 25 July and 2 September due to Estates works. During this time, please use the self-study spaces and computers in The Sir Michael Cobham Library, which is open until 8pm on weekdays and 4pm on Saturdays. At Lansdowne Campus, the Bournemouth Gateway Building Weston Library and Open Access Centre also remain open to students 24 hours a day, every day.
IT support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in various forms throughout the summer:
- 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, full service support from the BU IT Services team
- 5pm - 8am, Monday to Friday, and all day on weekends, basic first line support over the phone is available through our Out of Hours team.
Here’s how to get in touch:
- Visit the Self-service portal (watch the self-help video for user information) - here you can raise a job or request
- Give us a call any time, any day on (01202 9)65515 or freephone 0808 196 2332. Between 5pm and 8pm and during the weekend our Out of Hours Team will assist with basic first line support over the phone.
- Talk to us using the Online chat service, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.45 pm
- Face-to-Face - visit the IT Counter in WG10 at Talbot Campus, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (closed 1pm-2pm).
Both libraries will remain open over the summer break, with library staff available for help and advice from Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. Please check our website for full details of the library opening times and how to contact the library team over the holidays.
There will be no summer vacation extension on student and staff loans as all lending copies of books and DVDs are now One Week Loans - with automatic renewals every 7 days unless an item has been reserved by someone else.
If you plan to study at home over the break the e-journals and e-books that BU subscribes to are all available off campus. Detailed help in finding and accessing e-resources off campus is available online in our library guide.
Our on campus Student Medical Centre will be closed for the summer break from 17 June. If you need to contact a doctor you can call Talbot Medical Centre in Wallisdown, at 63 Kinson Road BH10 4BX on 01202 636400, or call NHS 111. If it is an emergency please call 999. To register online visit the Talbot Medical Centre website.
The Residential Services and LettingsBU teams will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays), via email or by phone. They will be unavailable on 10 to 13 August to deal with the main A-level results and Clearing period.
The LettingsBU team will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays), via email or by phone.
- All halls of residence will have a member of staff available 24/7 over the entire summer period and/or an emergency telephone number for you to contact and speak with a member of staff. If you are unsure what this is please speak with your local accommodation team.
- If you're living in a Unilet or LettingsBU managed shared student house, you should continue to use your usual out of hours support and call the main Poole House reception number (01202 524111) for emergencies.
- If you’re living in private accommodation, you should have been provided with an out of hours numbers to call, so contact your provider, landlord or agent direct if you haven’t or are unsure.
Student Wellbeing will offer a reduced appointment based service over the summer, mostly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 9.30am - 4pm. You can contact the team via email [email protected], unfortunately the phoneline will not be available over the summer. Please check the website for more information about our support services.
The SUBU Advice team will be available over the summer, Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm. Please email [email protected] to request a call back or to book an appointment in person. Visit the website for more details.