Please note: This fund is now closed.
The BU Tourism Placement Opportunities Fund is open to students who are on a BU tourism course, who are undertaking a placement.
The fund can help with costs you may have, associated with placement, which may be difficult to cover.
Important: Make sure you have read the criteria below before applying for the fund.
Eligibility criteria and process
- The BU Tourism Placement Opportunities Fund is open to all students (home/overseas fee payers and at UG/PG level) on a tourism course who are undertaking an official placement as part of their course.
- Students must have an approved placement by their faculty, usually on MyCareerHub or on their MyHub record for applications to be assessed.
- Student can only apply prior to starting their placement, or whilst on placement. Applications will not be accepted where the placement has finished.
- Students must complete all the relevant sections of the application form and provide a personal statement on why they are applying for this funding and how any funds will be used in relation to their placement.
- Students who are successful will receive £1,000 paid directly to them. Students can only receive one award from this fund per academic year.
- This is a limited fund, which means there is no guarantee of an award, even if students meet the criteria. Once the funds are exhausted, the fund will be closed.
Please be advised that applications can take up to 20 working days to be processed.