The BU Laptop Support Fund is intended to support BU students who do not have access to their own laptop.
To be eligible for the BU Laptop Support Fund, you must:
- Be classed as a 'home' student for fee purposes
- Have a household income of £16,000 or below, (undergraduate students only) as determined by your funding provider (SFE, SFW, SFNI, SAAS)
- Be fully enrolled on a BU course
- Be without a working laptop/computer for study purposes
- Be able to confirm that you do not have the funds to buy a laptop.
How much may I be eligible for?
Should your application be successful, you will receive a £350 voucher to purchase your laptop from Getech (BU's IT supplier).
There is a limited fund available for laptop support and awards are made to successful applicants on a first come, first served basis. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee an award, even if you meet the eligibility criteria.
How to apply
Complete the BU Laptop Support Fund Form online.
If you are not eligible for this fund, you may wish to take a look at how to access computers on campus and the laptop loan service. You can also contact AskBU to discuss your computer requirements, who will be more than happy to advise what other alternative options may be available.