Check our step-by-step guide for how to log your attendance during lectures:
- Bring a smartphone, table or laptop to class
- Get your device ready as soon as you come into class – switch on and connect to the internet/BU WiFi
- At some point during the session, staff will give you a 4-digit code specific to that teaching session
- Go to the Jisc attendance system; you can do this either (a) using this link (bookmark it in your browser or add it as a button to your home screen to make this quicker); (b) click the blue 'log your attendance' button on the right hand side of this page or (c) use the QR code that your teaching staff may display in your teaching rooms
- Select “Bournemouth University” in the “Institution” menu and log in with your BU user name and password.
- Enter the 4-digit code and click CHECKIN.
Please tell the staff member in the room if you have difficulty getting onto the Wi-Fi, accessing the Jisc system or entering the code and they will let you know what to do. They may ask you to report the issue to IT (https://itservices.bournemouth.ac.uk or call on (01202) 965515 or freephone 0808 196 2332).
Tell your Programme or Level Leader if you don’t have a smartphone, tablet or laptop you can use to log attendance.
Sometimes in smaller groups, staff may log your attendance themselves by taking a register.
- A set of FAQs below, all about attendance capture, including how we use student attendance data.
Instructions and guidance for students on logging attendance at teaching sessions
Some of this information will be different for students on apprenticeship programmes or programmes with Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies (PSRB) attendance requirements. These additional requirements will be communicated through your programme team.
To log your attendance you will need to bring either a smartphone, tablet or laptop to class which will connect to the internet/BU WiFi.