BU is using colour coding to provide a quick, easily accessible indication of the legal basis for processing. This box explains how the colour coding in this Notice links to relevant conditions set out in the GDPR: references to Articles are to the relevant provisions within the GDPR. The conditions listed here are those which BU is relying on in relation to the processing covered by this Notice and may not be a complete list of all available conditions under the data protection legislation.
Conditions of processing for any personal data
- Consent: this means that you have agreed that we can use your data for this specific purpose. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. Consent can be withdrawn by contacting [insert] or, where you have received a separate privacy notice specific to your consent, by using the contact details in that notice. [Art 6.1(a)]
- Necessary for legitimate interests pursued by BU or another organisation, where BU has determined that the processing represents an appropriate balance between its aims and your interests, rights and freedoms as a data subject. [Where this applies, we will identify the purpose we are pursuing] [Art 6.1(f)]
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation on BU: we will identify the relevant obligation [Art 6.1(c)]
Additional conditions of processing for special category data
An additional condition must apply if we are processing any information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or disability or your sex life or sexual orientation. These are referred to as “special categories” of data in the data protection legislation.
- Explicit consent: this means that you have explicitly agreed that we can use your personal data for this specific purpose. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. Consent can be withdrawn by contacting [insert] [Art 9.2(a)]
- Necessary for the purposes of substantial public interest. [Where this applies, we will identify the relevant public interest] [Art 9.2(g)]
Privacy Notice contents:
When and how we collect your data
How we hold your data
How and why we process your data for BU purposes
Overseas transfers of your data
Retention: how long will we keep your data for?
Your rights as a data subject and how to exercise them
Guide to the legal basis of data processing