Step 1 – Complete your online registration as soon as possible
In early January, if you hold an Unconditional Firm (U/F) offer, a registration invitation will be sent to the email address you used throughout your application process. It is important that you complete your registration before the start of your course, which in most cases is 23 January, to ensure you can access everything you need to begin your studies or research.
Why is online registration so important?
You will be given:
- Access to your BU student email address.
- Access to Brightspace. BU’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which will be essential to you throughout your time as a BU student (see Step 3).
Registration only takes 20-30 minutes to complete and involves:
- Checking that your contact and course information is correct
- Telling us how you intend to pay for your tuition fees (make sure you have all your documents regarding any funding support before you start).
- Answering a few questions about when you plan to arrive in Bournemouth. This information will be used to support your arrival.
- Reading and signing up to our 2022/23 version of the BU Student Agreement, you can read more about this below.
Complete your online registration now on myHub
When logging into myHub you'll need to use the same details you have been using throughout your BU application. Your username starts with a letter followed by several numbers, for example s1234567. If you need to reset your password, you can do this from the myHub login page. Once logged in you will need to look for the 'My registration' button in the pink header bar.
You don’t need to complete this process in one go, you can save and return as and when you need to. We've also created a step-by-step video guide to help support you through the registration process, this is available below and on our BU YouTube channel.
Student Agreement, BU regulations and policies
When you register online, you will be asked to read, and sign up to, the 2022/23 version of the BU Student Agreement. A copy of the BU Student Agreement 2021/22 was provided in your offer letter but there may have been updates since then. Please take the time to read the new version - a summary of any changes will also be available for you.
You can access and download both the current and archived versions of the Student Agreement, alongside all our policies and procedures, on our important information webpages.
Step 2 - Register for Multi-Factor Authentication
Once you’ve completed your online registration, your BU IT account will be activated. To protect your BU account, we use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on several of our systems, including Brightspace and Office 365. This means that, in addition to your username and password, you will sometimes be required to confirm your identity through an additional authentication step. This could be through a text or call to a mobile phone number that you have access to, or via an authenticator application.
Tell us what you’d like to use for your Multi-Factor Authentication step by going to office.com and registering with your BU student email address. You can find out more about MFA in the IT information section of our website. After completing this you can log in to Brightspace, please do this as soon as possible.
Step 3 – Log in to Brightspace and email
After registrating for Multi-Factor Authentication, you will be able to access Brightspace and your new BU email account.
Why is this step so important?
Brightspace is our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), and it will be essential to you throughout your time as a student at BU. Your BU email account will also be one of the main ways that we will communicate with you throughout your studies. It is important that you check both these platforms regularlly from now on.
On Brightspace you will find:
- A welcome and introduction to your faculty
- General course information (including a basic course reading list)
- Pre-arrival activities that you need to complete before your induction week begins
- Information about your induction week
- [email protected] for information about our support service.
(See Step 5 for information regarding when you can access more detailed information about your course)
Step 4 – Complete your enrolment
After completing your online registration, you will receive an email invitation to enrol onto your course. This is the final stage in your registration and enrolment and when you will officially become a BU student. It is important that you complete this as soon as possible, and no later than Monday 30 January 2023.
If you require a visa to study in the UK, you may be asked to complete your enrolment step at an in-person event during the first few weeks of your course at BU. Your status at the university will not be affected by this, however it will mean that you will not be able to complete step 4 and 5 until you have attended this event. More information will be shared with you when you go through your enrolment instructions.
If you are required to attend our in-person event, please make sure that you bring the appropriate documents listed below to you enrolment session as these will be needed to evidence your immigration and finalise your enrolment at BU.
Why is enrolment so important?
Enrolling on your course will give you access to:
- The process to kick start your student loan to help ensure it is ready for the start of term (UK only)
- Request a bank letter to confirm your student status so you can open a bank account in the UK (international only)
- Request a confirmation of term dates letter to help you find part-time work in the UK (international only)
- Information on where to collect your student ID card. This will enable you to:
- Access certain buildings on campus
- Borrow library books
- Get discounts in shops and on buses etc
- Sit exams as part of your course
- Obtain council tax exemption, student status/confirmation of term dates letter.
To complete your enrolment, you will need the following documents:
- Proof of your identity
Photo ID such as a passport or driving licence
- Educational qualifications
Original certificates for the qualifications required for your course (e.g. BTEC, A-level, degree, English language qualification) and official translations if not originally in English
- NHS or HPC professional course certificates
Original Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) certificate
Additional requirements for international students:
- Your passport, Student visa (or other entry visa), any previous visas for the UK and all other relevant immigration documents.
Please also check your registration email which will include any additional requirements linked to your offer.
Step 5 – Explore Brightspace to view detailed unit information
Once you have completed your enrolment your unit information will become available on Brightspace approximately one week before your teaching begins.
If you are an international student arriving in the UK after Monday 23 January, please note that this information will only be available after attending your in-person enrolment session where you can complete your enrolment at BU.
Why is this step so important?
This is how you’ll find more information about your induction week, as well as lots of other important information about your course.
- Unit handbooks
- Assessments details
- Detailed reading lists for each unit
- An introduction to your teaching team
- Access to a schedule of events and activities taking place during your induction week.
Throughout your time at BU you should consider Brightspace and your BU student email address as THE place to go for all your important information from the university.
Got a question or query?
If you have any concerns or have difficulty completing any of these steps, please get in contact with AskBU who will be able to support you.
Our IT information pages should give you all the information you need to get started, but if you require assistance please contact our IT Service Desk. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on freephone: 0808 196 2332 or +44 (0)1202 965515 (from outside the university) or you can raise a job request and chat to our team online.