Our reservation service enables you to reserve a book if all copies are out on loan.
To reserve a book, find it on the Library Catalogue:
- If all copies of your selected title are unavailable, you will have the option to click the Reserve button
- Enter your Library Borrower Number at the login prompt (see the barcode on your Student or Staff ID Card)
- Check which campus library you will need to collect the item from, as this cannot be altered later
- Check the screen to confirm the item has successfully been reserved for you, then logout.
There is no upper limit to the number of books you can reserve, but please check Loan Allowances for details of how many items you can have on loan at any one time.
If you cannot make your reservation online, please complete a reservation card at the Help Zone. We are unable to accept reservation requests by telephone.
What happens next?
- Once a copy becomes available,we will send an email to your BU student account to inform you about collection
- Please check which library you need to collect it from as we can't transfer your reserved item from one library to the other
- Come to the library with your Student ID card - having checked our opening times first
- Collect your book from the self-service Click and Collect shelves within 7 days of the email notification; after that time the reservation will be cancelled and the book returned to the main shelves
- At a self-service unit, scan your ID Card and the book to issue it to your borrower record, and check and retain your receipt.