We have introduced a system of Automatic Renewals to help you manage your loans more easily.
All items can be borrowed for one week initially.
Unless the items have been reserved by someone else the loans will be automatically renewed every week for a further 7 day extension. This will happen up to a maximum of 99 times. If you still need items after 99 consecutive renewals, please bring them to the Library Help Zone.
If an item you have on loan is reserved by or recalled for another borrower, that item will not and cannot be renewed.
Please return reserved or recalled items as soon as possible. If we send you a recall notice, please return the item within 7 days of the email notification.
If reserved or recalled items are not returned and become overdue, you will not be permitted to borrow any more items and you may be charged for a replacement.
If your item is no longer required for a reservation previously placed on it, it will not be automatically renewed but you can renew it yourself manually, in any one of the following ways:
- On the Library area in Brightspace, select Using the Library, then 'Check and renew loans'
- On the Library Catalogue, click on My Account
- On the self-service units, scan your ID card and select the Renew option
- Phone Library Enquiries, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. Tel: +44 (0) 1202 965959
- Bring your ID card or the book to staff at the Help Zone.
All the above applies to BU students and staff only.
External and subscription library members may borrow books for one week plus one renewal of a further 7 days, provided the items have not been reserved. Automatic renewals do not apply. Our Visitor Loans page has more details.