You can renew library books and DVDs as many times as you need to (up to 99 times) without bringing them into the Library. This unlimited renewals policy applies to BU students and staff only.
You can renew your items in any one of the following ways:
- On the Library area in Brightspace, select Using the Library, then Check and renew loans
- On the Library Catalogue, click on My Account
- On the self-service units, scan your ID card and select the Renew option (service unavailable during the coronavirus pandemic)
- Phone Library Enquiries: +44 (0) 1202 965959 (service unavailable during the coronavirus pandemic)
- Bring your ID card to staff at the Help Zone.
If you still need items after 99 consecutive renewals, please bring them to the Library Help Zone.
You will not be able to renew a book or DVD if any of the following conditions apply. (Please note no fines are being charged during the coronavirus pandemic.)
- the item has been reserved by someone else
- you have outstanding fines of £20 or more
- you have outstanding fines of under £20 that are over two weeks old
- your item is sufficiently overdue for us to have sent you a letter outlining the replacement cost (referred to as a Library Account).
External and subscription library members may renew ordinary loans once but are not able to renew one-week loans, as these are items in heavy demand for academic study. Further details about borrowing and renewing are given in the section on Visitor loans