Our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), Brightspace can be accessed at any time and from anywhere, after you have registered for your course online.
When you access Brightspace for the first time, you will need to register for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) if you haven't done so previously. To do this you will need to go to office.com and register with your BU email address. You can find out more about MFA in the IT information section of our website.
Brightspace is an important resource, where students access study materials and engage with their learning throughout their time at BU. It will be used to:
- Upload course work and assignments
- View the date and times of online lectures and seminars
- Access lecture notes, reading lists, past exam papers and additional learning resources
- View Faculty news and information
- Find announcements about part time work and events from the Careers & employabilty team
- View Library and Study Support information
- Find useful information about support services and tips for online learning under the “ME@BU” section
Once you have access to Brightspace, you will find activities to complete before your arrive. These activities will help you get in the right mind set for your course and prepare for your taught units. You will also be able to take part in an introduction to the platform to get you started. The 'Getting to know Brightspace' course can be accessed from the Brightspace homepage after you log in, or you can access it by clicking here.