Becoming a BU Alumni
Once you become a graduate of Bournemouth University, you automatically become part of our alumni community. Being involved is free, so stay in touch and we can keep you informed about the offers, benefits and services we provide.
BU Alumni Association
Bournemouth University Alumni Association is open to former students and staff of:
- Bournemouth University and its partner institutions
- Bournemouth Polytechnic
- Dorset Institute of Higher Education (DIHE)
- Bournemouth College of Technology (pre-1976)
- Bournemouth Municipal College (pre-1976).
Our global alumni community spans 153 countries, providing opportunities for informal networking and career support across the world.
If you are a former student of BU or one of its predecessors but aren’t hearing from us, you can join now for free.
Services and benefits
Qualifications and further study
Staying in touch
Careers and work
- The Business & Management Collection - a curated collection of more than 1,250 multimedia case studies, lectures, and insights presented by experts from both academia and industry. This diverse collection, available to BU students and graduates, covers topics from business start-up and entrepreneurship to Blockchain and Big Data; making it an invaluable resource for continued professional development. You can log in using your BU student email.
- Careers advice – available for up to three years from graduation
- MyCareerHub – a free online platform which you can use to promote your business vacancies - from graduate positions to part-time roles and internships. Once registered, our careers team can further promote your vacancies via academic colleagues and through social media
- Jobs and placements on MyCareerHub – search for graduate opportunities
- SUBU volunteering – take part in Students' Union volunteering activities
- CMI membership - The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is the Chartered Body for Management and Leadership. If you graduated from BU’s Business School with a CMI dual-accredited degree, you are eligible to extend your CMI membership for a further 12 months at a discounted rate of £60 (or £5 a month via direct debit).
CMI Friend - free of charge. You will get information on business trends, insights and advice for managers and leaders sent via email
CMI Subscriber - £5 per month with the ability to cancel at any time. You will get on-demand access to webinars and a range of professional development resources
CMI Member - starting from £15 per month. Membership provides access to the CMI’s online Career Development Centre, online mentoring platform as well as access to member-only events and support
Update your details
- Update the contact details we have on record and opt in to receiving our news and information.