Becoming a BU Alumni
Once you become a graduate of Bournemouth University, you automatically become part of our alumni community. Being involved is free, so stay in touch and we can keep you informed about the offers, benefits and services we provide.
BU Alumni Association
Bournemouth University Alumni Association is open to former students and staff of:
- Bournemouth University and its partner institutions
- Bournemouth Polytechnic
- Dorset Institute of Higher Education (DIHE)
- Bournemouth College of Technology (pre-1976)
- Bournemouth Municipal College (pre-1976).
Our global alumni community spans 153 countries, providing opportunities for informal networking and career support across the world.
If you are a former student of BU or one of its predecessors but aren’t hearing from us, you can join now for free.
Services and benefits
Qualifications and further study
- Discounts on further study – get up to 25% off Master's degree course fees
- Certificates and transcripts – request replacement documents, syllabuses and transcripts
- References and confirmation of study – ask for an academic reference or verification of qualifications.
Staying in touch
- Free e-mail service – carry on using your BU e-mail address
- Friend Finder – forward messages to friends you've lost touch with.
Careers and work
- BU alumni can continue to access careers advice and guidance for life. If, at any stage, you would welcome some support please get in touch to arrange a one-to-one appointment with one of our careers advisor team – either face to face, online or by telephone. To arrange an appointment email [email protected].
- Recent graduates (up to three years from when your course ends) can continue to access MyCareerHub which provides a host of career-related tools and resources, including:
- Live graduate job vacancies.
- Career advisor appointments.
- CareersBU webinars.
- Career assessment tools.
- CV & job application tools and resources.
- Recordings of previous webinars and events.
- Log into MyCareerHub using your BU username and password, just as you did as a current student. If you have any issues with logging onto the system with your BU credentials please contact the IT Service Desk.
- The Business & Management Collection - a curated collection of more than 1,250 multimedia case studies, lectures, and insights presented by experts from both academia and industry. This diverse collection, available to BU students and graduates, covers topics from business start-up and entrepreneurship to Blockchain and Big Data; making it an invaluable resource for continued professional development. You can log in using your BU student email for up to three years after your course ends.
- CMI membership - The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is the Chartered Body for Management and Leadership. If you graduated from BU’s Business School with a CMI dual-accredited degree, you are eligible to extend your CMI membership for a further 12 months at a discounted rate of £60 (or £5 a month via direct debit).
- CMI Friend - free of charge. You will get information on business trends, insights and advice for managers and leaders sent via email.
- CMI Subscriber - £5 per month with the ability to cancel at any time. You will get on-demand access to webinars and a range of professional development resources.
- CMI Member - starting from £15 per month. Membership provides access to the CMI’s online Career Development Centre, online mentoring platform as well as access to member-only events and support.
- Library access – free membership and access to library collections and online resources
- Sports facilities and classes – pay student rates for SportBU membership
- SUBU bars and clubs – you can still call in for food and drink.
Update your details
- Update the contact details we have on record and opt in to receiving our news and information.