Through DRIVE Change we hope to raise awareness of the barriers faced by people as a result of their ethnicity, disability, gender or sexuality, and provide inspiring insights to create a more equal world.
Across 2021-22 we will be leading panel-style events, backed up by digital content. Our aim is to engage BU graduates, staff and students from all walks of life, who can identify with the experiences being shared or become informed and powerful allies.
We hope that you will join and learn with us.
The Female Lead
The BU Alumni Association is proud to partner with The Female Lead, an educational charity dedicated to finding the factors that limit women’s choices and fulfilment and amplifying women’s voices to drive change.
Through The Female Lead, we are pleased to provide our graduates with access to resources, insights and inspiration to support their personal and professional development.
The Female Lead is founded by Edwina Dunn OBE, a data science entrepreneur, BU graduate and Honorary Graduate.
Here’s how to make the most of what’s on offer:
- Take the Fulfilment Finder survey – by taking this online survey you will gain a deeper knowledge about yourself and discover what is making you feel fulfilled, as well as areas you may want to change or focus on
- Listen to the podcasts – hear the stories of brilliant women talking about the key moments that made them who they are
- Discover latest research – take a fresh look at factors affecting women’s career progression and how social media impacts girls’ aspirations through evidenced-based research
- Follow the charity on social media – for inspirational, thought-provoking and uplifting content
You can hear more from Edwina Dunn in this talk delivered as part of our Leadership Track series in 2020; and listen to perspectives on the charity’s Women at Work survey in this panel discussion we held in October 2021.
If you are a BU graduate working to tackle gender-based inequalities, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch via [email protected].
Past DRIVE Change events
(1) Workshop: Design Thinking and Ideation with Nat Hawley
Wednesday 2nd March, 10 - 11.00am
(2) Event: Women at Work – Breaking Free of the Unentitled Mindset
Thursday 28 October, 10 - 11:30am
View the event recording: DRIVE Women at Work - Breaking Free of Unentitled Mindset
(3) Event: DRIVE Change - Out at Work
Wednesday 4th May, 1.30- 2.30pm
View the event recording: DRIVE Change - Out at Work