Skip to main content

Award Certificates and transcripts

Award Certificates and References

The following official documents provide written evidence of your academic studies at BU and you will need them in the future when applying for jobs, visa requirements and further study.

Make sure you keep your contact details up to date so we can send your documents to you.

If you need proof of the qualification you achieved with us, or need a reference, we can issue documentation or provide other confirmation directly.

Award Certificates

Award certificates or degree certificates are issued upon successful completion of a qualification at Bournemouth University.

If you did not collect your certificate at graduation and did not register to receive it by post either, we can send it to you.

Results and Transcripts

At the end of each academic year you are issued with a summary of results via email. If you require an official transcript, please read the information below. Please note, we are only able to provide transcripts for courses that were started after 1 January 2005. An official Bournemouth University Transcript will be printed on BU headed paper with security features which include a hologram.

Diploma supplement

The diploma supplement is a four page document issued with your certificate. It describes the qualification undertaken, outlines the programme content, provides a full transcript of your performance and outlines the structure of the higher education system.

It provides additional information to that included on your award certificate and transcript, making it more easily understood by employers or institutions outside the UK.

The diploma supplement contains the seal and signature of the University and is an official document of the University.

Academic Reference Request and Confirmation of Study

To request an academic reference, or to obtain confirmation of study at BU for employers, agencies or similar, raise a request via Prospects Hedd:

Past students and Councils

Email to receive a confirmation-of-study letter.

Replacement copies

If you received your certificate but it has since been damaged, lost or stolen you can request a replacement copy.

When making requests for any evidence of previous study please complete the BU Replacement Document Online Form.