Our Unilet properties are large shared houses that are fully furnished that you can rent in the same way you would in a purpose-built hall of residence. Although they are privately owned, they are managed by BU, allowing us to ensure consistent standards. One of these properties is based in Boscombe, within four miles of Talbot Campus and less than two miles from the Lansdowne Campus, and the other is in Charminster, a popular student area two miles from Talbot and within walking distance of Lansdowne.
Properties and services
This is a large 10-double-bedroom house. Three of the bedrooms are ensuite, four of the bedrooms have a basin in the room. There are two kitchens, two separate toilets, a bathroom and a shower room. It is located in the heart of Boscombe, close to a Unibus route and to our Lansdowne Campus. Buses to Talbot Campus depart frequently from Boscombe Bus Station, just five minutes’ walk from the property. There are three large supermarkets within close walking distance.
- Bedroom 1, 4.2m x 4.38m – double bedroom, ground floor, facing front, double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk & chair. Ensuite shower, WC and wash basin
- Bedroom 2, 3.62m x 4.18m – double bedroom, ground floor, facing side, double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, bookcase, desk & chair and wash basin
- Bedroom 3, 2.63m x 4.09m – double bedroom, ground floor, facing rear, double bed wardrobe, chest of drawers, bookcase, desk & chair. Patio door to garden
- Bedroom 4, 4.26m x 2.14m – double bedroom, first floor, facing rear, small double (4ft) bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk & chair, feature fireplace
- Bedroom 5, 3.75m x 4.22m – double bedroom, first floor, facing side, double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, fitted bookshelves, desk & chair and hanging area with ensuite shower, WC and wash basin
- Bedroom 6, 5.11m x 3.88m – double bedroom, first floor, facing rear, double bed, fitted wardrobe, chest of drawers, bookcase, desk & chair with ensuite shower, WC and wash basin
- Bedroom 7, 3.37m x 3.08m – double bedroom, first floor, facing front, double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk & chair with wash basin
- Bedroom 8, 5.47m x 4.60 – double bedroom , second floor, facing front, double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, bookcase, desk & chair with wash basin
- Bedroom 9, 3.55m x 3.66m – double bedroom , second floor, facing side, double bed, bedside table, wardrobe, chest of drawers, in–built shelving unit, desk & chair with wash basin
- Bedroom 10, 2.91m x 6.31m – double bedroom, ground floor, facing rear, double bed, double mirrored wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside cabinet, opens to study area with bookcase, desk & chair. Patio door to garden
St Alban’s Rd
This is a good-size, four-bedroom property situated in the cosmopolitan area of Charminster with its easy access to Charminster High Street. It’s approximately two miles from Talbot Campus, close to Unibus routes, and close to our Lansdowne Campus.
The house boasts a back garden, mostly laid to lawn with a small paved area with a seating bench, while the front area has on-road parking. The lounge is furnished with two sofas and a dining table with chairs, while the fully fitted kitchen has a gas hob and electric cooker.
The property has a bathroom (with WC) as well as a toilet (WC and hand basin). The bedroom details are as follows:
- Bedroom 1, approx 3.6m x 4.3m – ground floor – double bed
- Bedroom 2, approx 4.3m x 3.6m – first floor – double bed
- Bedroom 3, approx 4.3m x 3.3m – first floor – double bed
- Bedroom 4, approx 2.2m x 3.1m – first floor – single bed
ResLifeBU is an exclusive programme, only available in BU accommodation, designed to help you enjoy your time in student accommodation to the fullest.
Our ResLifeBU Team supports you across three core areas:
- Social - providing inclusive activities and events to help you meet your fellow students and build a great community
- Wellbeing - supporting your welfare, health, safety and overall comfort and security
- Skills - everything you need for your new independent life, from how to keep your flat clean, to cooking an affordable and healthy meal and tips on managing your budget
Each accommodation has a friendly Resident Assistant (RAs) is a current BU student. Your RA lives in the Student Village but will introduce themself to you shortly after you arrive. Having experienced it themselves, your RA has an understanding of what it’s like to move to a new home when you start uni. There is also a Welfare Coordinator who is a current member of BU staff and is available for any wellbeing issues you might have whilst in residence. Supporting these roles we have the three ResLifeBU Coordinators, and the three ResLifeBU Officers all dedicated to helping you have the best time in our accommodation.
£1.25 of your weekly rent goes towards the funding of the programme – but if you make the most of it, you’ll find it’s worth so much more than that.
Services and security
We want to make sure that you feel comfortable and settle into your new home, so our Residential Services team are available to answer any questions you may have or to provide assistance should you need it. We also regularly inspect all of our Unilet properties to ensure they meet our standards.
Houses have passed for both health and safety checks which are conducted by qualified professionals. So long as students follow safety guidelines, then we see no reasons for security problems.
Booking process and terms & conditions
You can find details of booking dates and our accommodation guarantee on our How to book accommodation page.
When you’re ready to book a room, you can do so via our Accommodation Portal. Your contract will be with the accommodation provider so be sure to check the terms & conditions before you make a booking.
We understand that under the current circumstances you will want to know what your accommodation booking means for you. As the BU accommodation portfolio is made up of a number of providers, we’ve gathered details of their contract flexibility and cancellation policies for you to review before you book.
You can find further information in our Coronavirus FAQs.
HMO Accommodation Standards
The Unilet houses are managed by BU's Residential Services Team. BU is therefore your landlord and you pay your rent to us. We are also on-hand if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with your accommodation.
The Unilet houses adhere to the local council's relevant housing standards. Read further details of the council's schemes and standards.
You also get all of the benefits of a fully inclusive rent so your bills, contents insurance and internet are included in your weekly rent.
The Unilet accommodation adheres with the relevant local council's housing standard schemes. Read further details about the council's schemes and standards.
Covid-19 safety measures
We understand that you will want to know what safety measures have been put in place to reduce the risks posed by Covid-19.
Full details of the measures across the BU accommodation portfolio can be found on our Covid-19 safety measures page.