To study in the Library during the Covid-19 pandemic, you will need to book in advance.
All study spaces are for individual quiet study. Group study spaces are not available at this time and we request that you do not move chairs to sit together, even in small groups.
You can book a desk only, or a desk with a PC. At The Sir Michael Cobham Library (Talbot Campus), iMac computers are also available.
Bookings can be made up to 1 week in advance, for up to 4 hours per day.
At The Sir Michael Cobham Library you may book between the hours of 9am - 4.45pm, Monday - Sunday.
At Weston Library you may book between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday - Sunday.
You will receive an email notification to confirm your booking and this includes a link to cancel the booking later, if you so wish.
The number of desks in both libraries is significantly reduced due to Covid-19 measures, so please do not just turn up to study without booking first.
Please wear a face covering in the Library (unless you are exempt).
Covid-secure measures in place include physical distancing and extra cleaning, so that you can work safely in the library and use the computers, laptop loans and printers.
When you arrive, please go to the Library Help Zone so that we can triage your enquiry.
If you do not require a study desk or computer but just want to quickly drop in to use a printer, borrow a laptop to take elsewhere on campus or collect a book that you have reserved, there is no need to book a space - but you may need to queue at peak times.
Key touchpoints will be cleaned regularly throughout the day, to include door handles, stair rails, toilets etc..
As a library user you will be expected to wipe down your desk, university laptop or computer (including mouse and keyboard) and any printer you use - both before and after use. Cleaning materials are provided at sanitising stations in the library.
The Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus:
179 study spaces for quiet individual study are available. 33 on the ground floor, 79 on the 1st floor, 16 on the 2nd floor and 51 on the 4th floor. (3rd floor is closed for the time being.)
- 90 desks with PCs
- 5 desks with desktop iMacs
- 43 desks with no computer - with space and power supply for laptop use
- 36 Macbook Airs available for loan via the laptop lockers.
Weston Library, Bournemouth Gateway Building, Lansdowne Campus:
38 study spaces for quiet individual study are available in the new library on the ground floor of Bournemouth Gateway Building.
- 12 desks with PCs
- 26 desks with no computer - with space and power supply for laptop use
- 12 Macbook Airs available for loan via the laptop lockers.
Booking a computer or study space elsewhere on campus:
- Find out how to book a computer in the Open Access Centres using MyPC.
- To enquire about booking a group study room on either campus, please use this booking form.
- Extensive wireless coverage provides secure access to electronic resources for students and staff using personal laptops. More information on the wireless network
- Wireless printing to university networked printers can be set up on laptops running Windows or Mac operating systems. A help sheet is available at the Library Help Zone or online via the IT Knowledge Base.