Find out about additional accommodation charges, how to request a transfer or withdrawal from BU accommodation, and the bank transfer details for BU.

Accommodation charges

Please read about the charges that can be incurred for non-accidental damage, replacements and additional cleaning costs in BU managed accommodation.

Transferring your accommodation

Students with a BU managed accommodation (Unilet, Dorchester House or Student Village) are eligible to apply to move to a different BU accommodation. Before contacting us please read the Transfer Request Guidance Notes and then complete the Transfer Request Form. Please note: We will only be accepting Transfer request forms 4 weeks after your contract starts, please do not send them to us before that date.

Student living in any of our accommodation partner's sites (non-BU-managed) should speak with their local accommodation team (if you are unsure who this is then see further down this page for details).

Withdrawing from your accommodation

Please read the following information if you are withdrawing from your course at BU and will be leaving your accommodation before the end of your accommodation contract (Note, if you are not withdrawing from BU but want to leave your accommodation early you will be held liable until you can find a replacement student. In this instance you should speak with your landlord/accommodation provider direct).

Students withdrawing from BU living in BU managed accommodation

If you live in: Dorchester House, Student Village, Unilet or St John’s your accommodation contract is with BU and you should read the Withdrawal Notes which explain how the accommodation withdrawal process works and what you need to do. Please note that if you withdraw or interrupt your studies during or after the spring break you must pay the Licence Fee up to and including the end of the Licence Period. If you wish to proceed you will then need to complete a Withdrawal Form and email this as an attachment to [email protected] or take a copy into the Residential Services office at Lansdowne, on the 5th floor of the Executive Business Centre, BH8 8EB.

Students withdrawing from BU living in non-BU managed accommodation

If you live in one of our accommodation partner's sites then you should check the terms of your accommodation contract and then contact your accommodation provider to discuss your situation. Our main accommodation partners are:

Campus Living Villages 

Student Housing Company 

Student Roost

Unite Students 

If you live in any other accommodation than that noted above you should contact your landlord/agent direct.

More information

For more information or advice on withdrawing from BU you can also read the thinking of interrupting your studies or leaving BU? or looking for support? pages.

Bank details

If you pay your rent to BU then the BU bank transfer details are available if you need to make a payment directly into the University's bank account.