Our primary objective is to support the wellbeing of our students and staff and all decisions will be made subject to national guidance to ensure the health & safety of our community. There are a range of wellbeing services available for staff and students, and can be used if you feel worried. If you are unwell, see information on the NHS website. NHS treatment for Covid-19 is free of charge for everyone, including international students.
Return to campus:
- The UK Government has announced its roadmap for easing Covid-19 restrictions. It is important that all members of the BU community understand the rules in place.
- The Government has confirmed that students can now return to university as part of stage three of the roadmap.
- We have shared any changes to scheduled activity with affected students directly through specific course communications on Brightspace.
- The majority of facilities on our campuses are operating reduced services, with libraries, open access centres and bookable rooms open for students who are in the local area and are not able to study from home. Find out more on our what's open on campus webpage
- Home test kits are available from local pharmacies or can be ordered online. Alternatively, you can collect a pack of test kits from Talbot and Lansdowne campuses and you can find further information about testing on our website.
- BU’s campuses have a full range of physical distancing and enhanced cleaning measures in place and students and staff are asked to wear a face covering when on campus, keep space between yourselves and others and practice good hand hygiene.
- Our ResLifeBU and Student Support teams are working hard alongside our Students' Union (SUBU) to ensure your university experience is still full of opportunities. Our student accommodation is open for you as normal, and our partners are working carefully to ensure every building is safe while still feeling like your home from home.
- We have shared details of our planned approach from September 2021 and remain committed to providing you with the best experience.
- If you are in the local area and test positive for Covid-19, please report it to email@example.com so we can offer support.
- The exact number of cases of Covid-19 are published on our website, sharing the number of new cases each week on a Friday.
Frequently asked questions
The following pages answer questions covering different subject areas and audiences across the BU community.