The Emergency Loan is a short-term advance if your mainstream UK Government funding such as your student loan or NHS Bursary are late arriving. We can assist with day to day costs, but due to budgetary constraints cannot assist with rent or housing.
Students are responsible for repaying the loan as soon as they receive their funding. Information is provided as part of the application and award process on how repayments are managed.
For further details and how to apply contact AskBU.
- You must be formally enrolled on to a BU course
- You must have Home fee status and be eligible for a Maintenance Loan from Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland or the Students Awards Agency Scotland
- You must be able to show that you have very little or no funds remaining (this would include money available in your overdraft)
- You must have evidence that you have applied for your student financial support
- You will need to provide your bank account details, for the Emergency Loan to be paid to you.
The Emergency Loan you are awarded is intended to last a four week period. If after four weeks, your student loan still hasn't been paid, you may apply for the Emergency Loan again.