Skip to main content

Financial support

If you are having financial difficulties you can talk to the Student Financial Support Team about the BU Financial Support Fund, call 01202 969696, or email, or visit The Base, Poole House, Talbot Campus or the Library at Bournemouth House, Lansdowne Campus. You can also visit the financial support pages for more information.

We would also recommend that you contact SUBU Advice for independent and confidential advice. Call 01202 965779, or email, or visit them at the Student Centre, Talbot Campus or Bournemouth House, Lansdowne Campus.


If you are receiving funding from Student Finance England and you are continuing to study in the next academic year, you will need to wait until you are invited to apply online for funding. Depending on your circumstances some continuation students will be assessed automatically without the need to apply. Continuation students who do not have their assessments made automatically will be contacted during March and will be asked to apply online.

However, this may be different for other awarding bodies so please ensure you check with them as soon as possible. Your future entitlement for funding may be affected if you have had more than one year of previous degree study. Call Student Finance England on 0300 100 0607.

AskBU: contact us

AskBU: contact us

AskBU is your one-stop-shop for student enquiries - you can contact us by email and phone, or drop in to see us at Talbot or Lansdowne Campus.

SUBU Advice promo

SUBU Advice

Free independent and confidential advice on housing, money, personal matters offered by BU Students' Union.
Student Centre

Looking for support?

Whether you're looking for academic, personal, financial or career support - find out how we can help.