Dorset is a great place to explore by bike! Located between the New Forest and the Purbecks, and with miles of stunning promenade, you can use your bike to reach beautiful locations across Bournemouth, Poole and beyond. At BU, we want to encourage and support active travel in as many ways as possible and have some great initiatives and incentives in place to get you out and about, cycling for leisure or as part of your commute.
How can BU support you to cycle?
Cycling is a cost-effective way to travel that helps you keep fit and help the environment, and is an important part of our BU Travel Plan. Here are some of the services we offer to help make cycling accessible to everyone:
- Secure cycle compounds, shower facilities & changing rooms
- Free monthly bike maintenance with the Bike Doctor
- Student discounts for bikes and equipment
- Bike Ability Cycle Training
- Free Bike Lights & High Visibility equipment available at our on-campus events and subsidised D Locks from the SUBU campus shops
- Active Travel dedicated lockers
- Cycling events and bike sales on campus
- Active Travel Map
For more information on cycling, please contact the Travel Plan Group by emailing [email protected].