The Institute of Hospitality (IoH) is the professional body for managers and aspiring managers working and studying in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry. Their aim is to support and encourage you to reach your full potential throughout your studies and going into your career.
The Institute of Hospitality awards the accreditation to programmes that demonstrate that they meet recognised levels and standards of professional knowledge, skills and understanding. Awarded programmes have shown that they are relevant to the needs of the industry and meet accepted international benchmark standards.
Graduating from an IoH accredited course, mean you will receive an invitation to join the graduate membership scheme for a greatly reduced membership fee for your first three years in employment after university. Members have the special privilege to place the letters ‘AIH’ after their name as an Associate of the Institute of Hospitality
Bournemouth University was particularly commended on the currency of curriculum, the requirement of industrial placement at undergraduate level, large choice of options, assessment strategy, the impressive academic community, academic support available to students by the Professional Review Panel from IoH.
The programmes accredited by the Institute of Hospitality at BU are:
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Tourism Management
- MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc Tourism Management
By studying one of our accredited courses, you will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to the IoH online resources inclusive of eBooks, eJournals and industry reports to support your studies
- Added value and credibility to employers when graduating, preparing you for a successful career in hospitality
- Invitations and free entry to IoH student events, including the annual Passion4Hospitality event and careers fairs, in which a variety of leading hospitality employers looking for interns and graduates attend every year
- Free attendance to regular webinars on key topics hosted by industry experts
- Access to specialist support to answer industry queries
- Exclusive access to IoH job boards to seek placement and graduate roles
- Student discount on leading retail and leisure brands
- Reduced membership to the graduate scheme