Our BA (Hons) Business Studies, BA (Hons) Global Business Management (online) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses are dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence.
When you graduate, you’ll receive a CMI leadership and management qualification in addition to your Bachelor’s degree or a Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership if you're studying the MBA. The qualification, which recognises key skills for middle managers, is considered a benchmark on the way to achieving Chartered Manager status.
Your CMI dual accreditation enhances your learning experience and improves your employability in a number of ways. This includes complimentary CMI student membership as you work towards your degree – providing a range of networking and professional development opportunities.
As part of your membership, you’ll benefit from:
- CMI’s online portal, ManagementDirect – featuring thousands of resources to support your learning
- A range of tools, information and advice in the Career Development Centre
- Mentoring support from experienced industry experts.
You’ll have the opportunity to be recognised for academic and personal achievements through annual awards, and can take advantage of access to Institute’s local and national business partner network. Its leadership publications will also help you keep up-to-date on the latest trends in management.
You can find out more about the benefits of membership below and on the CMI website.
Find out more about the benefits of CMI student membership:
CMI’s 21st Century Leaders
CMI’s 21st Century Leaders report explored what employers see as strengths in those emerging from university and where more might be done to ready students to become managers and leaders, and the key findings were:
- 90% of Higher Education partners say that CMI has a high level of impact on student employability
- 97% of Higher Education partners say their CMI partnerships has a positive impact on student achievement.
- 82% of students believe that a CMI qualification will make them more employable
- 75% of business and management students say that they looked for professional accreditation when choosing degrees
- 66% of managers say they want degrees to come with professional accreditation
National Apprenticeships Week Statistics, March 2019
ManagementDirect is CMI’s online portal featuring thousands of resources, including web-based training, e-learning, videos, checklists, podcasts and publications.
You can use it to build a portfolio to demonstrate extracurricular training, and you’ll have access to:
- Nearly 3,000 publications, including the Harvard Business Review
- Exclusive CMI research
- 10,000 worldwide company profile reports
- Marketing forecast trends.
It’s also home to the Institute’s online CPD system, where you can update your student record of continuing professional development.
The Career Development Centre
CMI’s career development portal features a range of tools, information and advice to help you progress at any stage of your management career. This includes:
- A CV builder and review service
- Interview practice video modules
- Job hunting tips
- Job personality tests
- Motivation assessments
- Advice on career development.
CMI’s Mentoring service
CMI Mentoring is a programme in which industry expert mentors share their knowledge to help others develop their skills. You’ll have access to a mentor who’s best suited to you to guide you through the industry and what you want to achieve. You’ll also gain:
- Improved self-confidence
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Professional development
- Awareness of skills and practice.