Skip to main content

Academic support

We have lots of support teams who can help with any academic issues you may be having.

For more information you can talk to AskBU who will be able to signpost you towards the appropriate support. Call 01202 969696, or email, or visit The Base, Poole House, Talbot Campus or the Library at Bournemouth House, Lansdowne Campus.

Faculty support

You can always talk to your Programme Leader, Programme Support Officer, or your lecturer about specific academic issues. Talking through problems can help to resolve worries or queries early on. If you are not sure who to speak to, please contact AskBU.

Library and Learning Support

Our libraries offer lots of resources and support to students at all stages of study, from reference guides and e-resources to exam revision workshops. Find out more about using the Library or contact us using the online chat facility. You can also visit the Study Skills tab on Brightspace for more learning support.

Peer-Assisted Learning (PAL) or Study Skills and English Language Support are also available to you.

IT support

IT Services provide help and support via the IT website as well as the telephone Service Desk (01202 965515 - available 24/7), alternatively you can visit IT staff at the Help Zone located in The Sir Michael Cobham Library on Talbot Campus and in Studland House Open Access Centre on Lansdowne Campus. You can also read the Little book of IT which is an induction guide for students.

IT Services also run a varied programme of IT skills workshops and training courses which are available to all students, including professional IT qualifications for Microsoft MOS and ECDL.

Student Support & Engagement Team

You may also wish to speak to our Student Support & Engagement Team, who are recently graduated BU students and can provide personal support and advice.

Disability & Additional Learning Support

The Additional Learning Support Team (ALS) is available to all BU students throughout their time at the university. If you are likely to need support please make contact with ALS as soon as possible as reasonable adjustments and one-to-one support are tailored to individual needs. The variety of support you may be entitled to will vary depending on many factors.

Students' Union

SUBU Advice can provide independent and confidential advice. Call 01202 965779, or email, or visit them at the Student Centre on Talbot Campus or Bournemouth House at Lansdowne Campus.

AskBU: contact us

AskBU: contact us

AskBU is your one-stop-shop for student enquiries - you can contact us by email and phone, or drop in to see us at Talbot or Lansdowne Campus.

SUBU Advice promo

SUBU Advice

Free independent and confidential advice on housing, money, personal matters offered by BU Students' Union.
Student Centre

Looking for support?

Whether you're looking for academic, personal, financial or career support - find out how we can help.