The BU Covid-19 Impact Support Fund is intended to support BU students who are being financially impacted by the coronavirus pandemic and who have lost income due to Covid-19.
The fund is open to all students who are actively engaged with their studies and enrolled at BU.
Students can only qualify for support based on one of the following criteria:
- Students who can evidence they have self-isolated either due to a positive coronavirus test or having been in close contact with someone who has tested positive since 20 September 2021
- Students who can evidence they have lost their job as a result of the coronavirus pandemic since 20 September 2021.
In each of the above cases, students will need to evidence that:
- They have been in paid employment and then affected by Covid-19 since 20 September 2021
- They have £200 or less, currently available to them, by providing their bank statements.
How much may I be eligible for?
- Where a student's application is successful, they will be awarded one payment of £200
- There is limited funding available and awards are made to successful applicants on a first come, first served basis. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee an award, even if you meet the eligibility criteria.
How to apply?
Details will be available from 20 September 2021.