We are a world-leader in tourism research and a leading provider of degree courses uniquely focused on the environmental, economic, social and cultural impacts.
We are experts in the contemporary tourism sector, encompassing hospitality, retail, leisure, sports and events. Most of our graduates get jobs as soon as they leave the University and our alumni are working for companies and organisations throughout the world.
Study with us
Your exciting management career begins on your first day with us. We provide a learning environment with the perfect balance of academic theory and practical management.
We have a vibrant and effective research community and are home to two of the world’s top 10 tourism journals, as well as the leading international textbook.
We offer a range of services to actively engage with and develop businesses that operate in the sectors of tourism, hospitality, leisure, events, sport and retail.
- Hospitality Management serve HRH Princess Anne
- Hospitality Management students serve HRH Princess Anne during her royal visit to Bournemouth University on 12 December 2012.
- 99 per cent of kids’ lunchboxes kept at unsafe temperatures, Bournemouth University (BU) study finds.
- Could encourage harmful bacteria to grow – especially when combined with food debris and not being cleaned properly.
- BU’s School of Tourism hosts Careers Forum for students
- Bournemouth University invited businesses along to a Careers Forum to engage with students about their future post–university.