If you’re joining us in January 2022, we have a great Orientation Day planned for you on Wednesday 26 January.
Your faculty has kept this day clear in your course induction timetable, so that you can join us to discover everything you need to know about the support services and facilities available at BU. We'll also be sharing practical tips about life in Bournemouth and the UK and we've made sure to include plenty of opportunities for you to socialise and get to know other new students throughout the day. We'll also be providing free refreshments and lunch for you.
You should arrive at the Lees Lecture Theatre on Talbot Campus at 8.45am. When you arrive, we’ll give you a detailed schedule with rooms and timings for the rest of the day. (If you arrive late, please report to Reception in Poole House)
Here’s what the day includes:
- Arrival, orientation day programme collection (8.45 – 9.00am)
- Welcome and introduction
- Summary of key support services
- Student Centre Information Fair
- Campus Police – British laws and keeping you and your belongings safe
- Introduction to support for study skills, IT and languages
- How to find a part-time job in Bournemouth
- Culture Shock and British Culture workshop
- Saving money and cooking on a budget workshop
- Global Café – a chance to relax and meet other new and current international students, while you enjoy a traditional British “Cream Tea” together.
If you are currently in self-isolation or haven't yet arrived in the UK, we don't want you to miss out. We'll be live streaming some of the above sessions via Zoom throughout the event,
Please click the link below to join the webinar virtually:
Use this Padlet link to make new friends during the breaks: https://padlet.com/buevents1/4alvg3hm386tw873